The X5SW is nearly identical to its other siblings — the X5SC and X5S. The only thing that sets it apart from the other two models is the FPV-enabled camera that sports a wifi antenna which is used to broadcast FPV video. This camera is essentially the same one used in the X5SC, with an added antenna that sticks out of its rear.
In fact, the X5SW is actually a X5SC with a pimped-up camera. It is even shipped with the same transmitter, accessories and battery as the X5SC. For this reason, I feel it is unnecessary to repeat the findings of my earlier review of the X5SC-1 here.
- HD Cam Equipment: Quadcopter equipped with HD cameras, lets you control the aircraft enjoy taking pictures/video of the pleasure flights
- Barometer set height: After using the left joystick(accelerator) to control the ascending/descending flight of the aircraft, free up the left joystick( accelerator) and the aircraft will still hover at that height at which the joystick is freed.
- Headless mode:In headless state, the operator has no need to recognize the position of aircraft's headpiece and he just needs to control the aircraft in accordance with the direction of the remote control's operating rod.
- One key take-off/landing, 360 Degree eversion colorful flashing lights.Suitable for flying in the dark at night
- Video/Photograph/Raise & Down/Forwards & Backwards/Left & Right Turning/Left & Right Flying/Hovering
Examples of Printings
Syma X5SW is the latest and most advanced model in Syma’s X5 range of toy-grade quadcopters. It is also the priciest in the range, although only by a small margin, and is the only model to feature FPV (First Person View) video over wifi. Priced at approximately $61, it is available in black, red or white.
- Improved HD 720P camera
- Great flight performance
- Flips quite well
- Good looks, design and build quality
- Well-designed transmitter
- Somewhat pricey
- No LCD screen on transmitter
- Slow video frame rate (15fps)