Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch, Large
Along with its bracelet connected Alta, Fitbit offers its new connected watch. Baptized Blaze, it has a cardio sensor and is aimed primarily at a sports clientele. Does it work as well as the Alta? And can we enjoy it even if we are not a voracious physical exercise?
Fitbit Blaze performs quite well its tasks with measures of great reliability. In addition, it differs from the previous models of the brand by a touch of personalization at the level of the bracelet, the dials and the wallpapers.
- Fitbit Blaze syncs automatically and wirelessly to 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Fitbit Blaze is sweat, rain and splash proof, but is not swim proof. We recommend taking it off before showering, as it's best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- Warning: Do not use if you have a pacemaker or other internal, or implanted medical device. Not intended for use by children under 13. Always consult your physician. Slippery when wet
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours.Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- Syncing range: Up to 6.1 m and Syncing requires Bluetooth LE and Internet connection. Windows 10 computers that do not have Bluetooth LE will need a wireless sync dongle in order to sync.
Unlike the circular format, like the classic watches, which more and more the manufacturers of connected watches adopt, Fitbit decided to opt for a square format on its Blaze watch. So we are in front of a smartwatch with a 1.66-inch color touch screen LED inserted in a metal case. With a rather sophisticated design with beveled angles, the latter comes with a silver color and integrates three buttons on the side edges. By default, the bracelet of the Fitbit Blaze connected watch comes in three colors (black, blue and plum) and is made of elastomer. But as we told you at the beginning of this article, it is a smartwatch with many possibilities of personalization. So you can opt for bracelets with much more premium materials like leather in order to adapt the device to your outfits. Three sizes are available for Fitbit Blaze wristbands: S for wrists from 14 to 17 cm, L for those from 17 to 20.6 cm and XL for wrists between 20.6 and 23.6 cm.
- Easy and pleasant to use.
- Ergonomics of the touch dial.
- Quality of service across the application.
- Not waterproof.
- No on-board GPS.
- Not suitable for high-level sports use.
- Price of accessories.