Nintendo is about to bury its Wii U and hopes to reconnect with the commercial success of its Wii with a new console and a new concept: the Nintendo Switch. “Switch” to “transform” because the console of the Japanese manufacturer will be hybrid. Both lounge console with classic triptych console-console-television. But also nomadic since the controller and the console core – a touch screen – can merge to create a portable console capable of satisfying players, from the toilet to the plane.
- Introducing Nintendo Switch! In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.
he Switch is an important console for Nintendo in more ways than one. One, it represents the culmination of the Japanese company's vision of convergence between nomadic and sedentary gaming, pushing the concept of the Wii U to the extreme. It has a lot to do after the failure of the latter, which did not know how to attract enough and quickly was let loose by the third-party publishers and the public yet acquired to the cause Wii. It is therefore essential for Nintendo to redress the bar and try to find the way of success, as it was borrowed with DS, Wii and - to a lesser extent - the 3DS. A living room console that is also portable or a portable console that also connects to the TV: difficult to place the Switch in a specific category, even if its creator considers it primarily as a product to use at home, on a large screen.
- A very powerful portable console.
- Joy-Con ergonomic and well thought out.
- No break between the portable experience and the TV experience.
- ery fragile stand.
- Average battery life.
- Colorimetry of the screen not ideal (temperature too cold).
- Many reflections.
- Can not do anything other than gambling (for now).
- Low power headphone output.
- Design of any "tablet" and wide screen borders.