Da Vinci Jr 3D Printer
YZprinting’s da Vinci Jr. 1.0 is a 3D printer that’s geared to take the consumer market by storm. With an eye toward convenience, it’s very easy to set up and use, and requires no calibration. Its build volume is small, but not tiny, and it offers safety features like an enclosed print area and an unheated print bed. Best of all, the da Vinci Jr. $299.00 at Amazon lists at an almost-unheard-of price for a 3D printer: $349. Cumbersome software and erratic print quality in our testing bring it back down to Earth, but since da Vinci Jr. is a decent model that didn’t break down on us once, and it doesn’t cost a fortune, it might be worth checking out if you’re looking to dabble in 3D printing.
- Free XYZmaker 3D design software, Free XYZware 3D printing software, Free XYZprinting STEAM 3D printing curriculum.
- Easy Z-offset calibration, adjust your print bed with ease on the LCD screen. No time consuming 3 knob calibration needed.
- Supports XYZprinting non-toxic PLA plastic filament, which is DEHP-free and Heavy metal-free
- Build size of 5.9" x 5.9" x 5.9"
- Print Speed Upgrade: Max print speed up to 100mm/second. (XYZware software must be version V126.96.36.199 or above)
Examples of Printings
XYZprinting has been making hay by offering some of the most affordable consumer plug-and-play 3D printers, shipping 30,000 of its da Vinci model machines last year. Its latest -- the da Vinci Junior 1.0 is the smallest and least expensive yet.
- Extremely good price
- Reasonably priced filament
- Closed frame minimizes risk of burns
- Easy setup and operation
- Prints via USB connection or from an SD card.
- Small build area
- Software lacking in functionality
- Subpar print quality