Piper Smart Home Security Camera System
Piper is a connected video surveillance device incorporating a 180 ° Fisheye HD camera, a Z-Wave controller and various sensors.
Thanks to its objective, the camera offers a wide field of view and allows to effectively monitor the equipped part (s).
The Z-Wave controller allows you to control the equipment of the house compatible with this protocol, up to 232 devices can be controlled by radio transmission such as lighting, locks, windows, thermostats and the like.
The Piper is equipped with a motion detector, a microphone, a loudspeaker, a temperature sensor, a humidity sensor, a 3-axis accelerometer, a Brightness, alarm, LED and battery backup.
The monitoring monitor is based on a Linux system and runs on an ARM processor. It connects via Wifi to the home network and is controllable from a dedicated mobile application iOS and Android.
This device is multifunctional, in addition to offering a wireless video surveillance system, it accurately measures the activity of the house thanks to these multiple sensors, it can trigger the alarm locally and send an alert on mobile. Finally, it proposes to control the various connected equipment of the house compatible with the protocol Z-Wave. Piper is therefore not only a connected camera barded with sensors, it is also a remotely controllable home automation hub.
- Smart home security system with no contracts or monthly fees required
- High resolution 180-degree immersive view camera with night vision, for live and recorded video
- Motion/sound detection, temperature/light/humidity sensors, 2-way audio and 105 dB siren
- Simple setup and easy to use, get text/email alerts and check in from your smartphone or tablet (iOS and Android)
- Connects via Wi-Fi, battery backup, high grade SSL video encryption, compatible with Z-Wave wireless accessories; auto-rearms to capture multiple events and pet adjustable motion detection
Piper wants to go beyond a simple connected camera (HD Fisheye 180 °): the solution incorporates a Z-Wave controller to manage other installations in the house that use this protocol. In total, up to 232 devices can be connected to Piper. In addition to the wide-angle camera specially designed to monitor several rooms, Piper has other sensors to detect any presence in the home: motion detector, microphone, temperature sensor, brightness, alarm and speaker. All this information is then transmitted via WiFi to an iOS or Android smartphone. Finally, Piper is what can be called a home automation hub. It is possible to create rules between all the devices that it manages (via Z-Wave) such as "turn off the lights if a movement is detected". In short, we are approaching Google's projects with Nest (which can now realize such functions via IFTTT) or Apple's HomeKit ... If you are interested in this super-camera, be aware that it does not require any installation by a professional. I
- No monthly fees or contracts
- Some home automation features included
- 1-year limited warranty
- 30-day money back guarantee
- 180-degree panoramic camera for viewing an entire room at once
- Partnership with Life360 helps remind you when to arm Piper
- Robust and feature-rich
- No professional monitoring
- Some customer complaints about image quality
- F rating with the BBB
- Night vision only available on Piper nv
- Doesn’t integrate with many third-party brands
- No accessories included in base purchase