Hydrofoil Drone by Parrot – Designed to Glide Over Water
Take your drone flying skills all the way to the waters with the Hydrofoil Drone by Parrot. It is a cool network type robot which can be easily controlled by Bluetooth SMART with the help of a smartphone or tablet. The corresponding app you should use is FreeFlight 3 that is available for free download. The drone can easily glide over the water by utilizing the driving force of the drone propellers. It can sail through the water even at a height of 5 to 6 cm and has been packed with sensors to realize stable water. That way, it will be able to exit over the water at a speed of up to 10 km/hr if required. The other features includes a 3-axis gyro, three-axis accelerometer, vertical camera for ground speed measurement, ultrasonic sensor that is also equipped with a pressure sensor. If you like the concept of drones, you should definitely try this drone sometime.
Tweets by AshleyAske
- No FAA registration required
- Water and air-ready Hydrofoil MiniDrone with embedded VGA mini camera (480X640)
- Built with streamlined foils and hydrodynamic hull to move quickly through the water
- Shock resistant and durable design makes it safe to do acrobatic flips and stunts
- Free Flight Mini app gives you ultimate control from your smartphone or tablet
- Removable, Lithium-Polymer 550mAh battery lasts up to 9 minutes and recharges in 25 minutes (with 2.6A charger, not included)
Parrot Hydrofoil is a next-generation minidrone. It can glide on water just as well as it flies through the air. Fast and strong, it is equipped with propeller technology to make quick movements and reach incredible top speeds. With the Orak version, make way for ultimate missions!
- Impressive design
- Decent app interface
- Grin inducing tricks
- App switching between flight and water modes is annoying
- Battery life underwhelming